Thursday 7 February 2013

Post-Apocalyptic Scorpion

With my Iron White Power Ranger temporarily on hold, I have been sketching away ideas and designs for future builds.

I started designing a Post-Apocalyptic Mortal Kombat Scorpion (Still in the rough sketch stages, don't judge me!)

 photo de3c457d-a44f-41a9-b8f4-d29aaceb4062_zps9efdafc9.jpg
It's a costume I've wanted to build for a long time and now that I'm learning more about foam building and sewing, I feel the time is right to start. I do a rough sketch of the armor bits. Old tire bits to make the tabard, gas mask, chain wrapped around his arm for his spear. The most sketching was trying to design his spear.
I have about 50 sketched out, and maybe 5 I like.

 photo 2ab1335f-0ad7-4056-bce8-5184bfaa4246_zpsdab5093e.jpg
That is only 1 of 3 pages of designs I made. This was my favorite page of designs. After a while I started to get an idea of what I wanted and came up with this design  photo 6c0ada57-fc99-4c62-95ed-c9bdb68950c1_zps255827ca.jpg
I really like the look of this blade, but I can't help but keep thinking it doesn't fit with the feel of the character....I don't know...I'm still working on it
My inspiration for this build, and where I've taken some ideas from, was from an incredible talented modeler on Polycount, who create this amazing character.

Check it out here!!

From his design I took the tire tread and gas mask idea. Aside from that I am trying to come up with my own ideas fore the rest of the costumes.

Hopefully I can create something as awesome!

Now back to the drawing board!!

Captain out.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your informative post!!!
    Village Talkies a top-quality professional corporate video production company in Bangalore and also best explainer video company in Bangalore & animation video makers in Bangalore, Chennai, India & Maryland, Baltimore, USA provides Corporate & Brand films, Promotional, Marketing videos & Training videos, Product demo videos, Employee videos, Product video explainers, eLearning videos, 2d Animation, 3d Animation, Motion Graphics, Whiteboard Explainer videos Client Testimonial Videos, Video Presentation and more for all start-ups, industries, and corporate companies. From scripting to corporate video production services, explainer & 3d, 2d animation video production , our solutions are customized to your budget, timeline, and to meet the company goals and objectives.
    As a best video production company in Bangalore, we produce quality and creative videos to our clients.

    ReplyDelete