Thursday 7 February 2013

Photoshopping around

Lately I have been on a designing rampage. I can't stop sketch and Photoshopping. But that's a good thing!

So here are 3 things I have made lately I have been showing off.

First up was just made for fun, just playing around in Photoshop one night. I found this tutorial to make your own Judge Dredd badge in Photoshop and since I love the new Dredd movie I thought it would be cool to make one. (Also great reference for future Dredd badge build)

 photo dreddbadge4_zps71dc88b8.jpg
This Coleman badge is my profile picture for everything right now! I love it. It's even the background on my phone. What can I say? I always wanted to be a street Judge!

For the second design I will keep with the Judge Dredd theme.
As you can tell I like Judge Dredd! And plan on a future Judge Dredd armor build (from the new Dredd movie)
I started looking into ways of building a Lawgiver gun. Since I can afford to buy a replica or even a kit to build one I plan on relying on something I've done before on a Jayne Cobb from Firefly build and mod a Nerf gun.
Too me the perfect Nerf gun to mod for this gun is a Nerf Recon (only the main blaster part)

 photo NerfReconMod01_zpsb2f82d6f.jpg
I printed out the reference image then sketched over it to see how pieces for the Lawgiver could fit onto the Nerf gun. Also figured out what parts I could cut out for different bits and pieces.
After I threw it into Photoshop and made an outline of the Lawgiver / Nerf mod

 photo BD1AA941-A883-4727-A4F3-EABA976E9CEF-21807-000014B496BA85DF_zps3dc3789d.jpg
I'm very happy with how the design turned out

Hopefully when I get a Nerf Recon, I can make the real thing look just as good

The last but certainly not least design is my favorite of the 3.
For a future convention myself and some friends are going to be attending as Real life Mario, Luigi and Peach.
I'm working the designs for the costumes and wanted, instead of the traditional M and L on the hats, for there to be a company logo.
After many and many variations on the logo I finally found one that I loved

 photo 84CEC51D-7E39-4861-A59A-2D28F10B0C51-21807-000014B48F62C060_zps6d1bdc70.jpg
This design was hard because I wanted to make it look like it could be a real company logo, but still keep a Mario and Luigi feel to it. The pipe works to say its plumbing but also a Mario icon people will recognize.

My plan is put this design on the hats and maybe overalls. And I plan on making business cards with the logo on it and handing them out to anyone who takes our picture (on the back will be the address to this blog and my twitter name, shameless self promotion at its best!)

Hopefully soon I will have more designs to add, as I'm always sketching them up

Captain out.

No comments:

Post a Comment