Tuesday 12 February 2013

Modern Mario and Luigi

I have been working away on designs for my real life, modern, Mario and Luigi (and Peach) costumes, for my self and friends for this years Toronto FanExpo

So far I have come up with a company logo I love and can't wait to see on the uniforms, hats and fake business cards


 photo 84CEC51D-7E39-4861-A59A-2D28F10B0C51-21807-000014B48F62C060_zps6d1bdc70.jpg

Yesterday I sketched out some designs for the Mario Bros. costumes and found 1 I liked. I threw it into Photoshop for a quick coloring. And here's what I got

 photo photo39_zpsf6517add.jpg

I wanted to try and modernize the classic look of the Mario Bros. look. Since I don't know anyone who wears denim overalls (or sells them for that matter) Coveralls seemed like the perfect modern replacement. I torn the sleeves off and opened the front to make it still have the look and make the shirts clearly visible underneath.

The grey random blotches on their arms will be Mario Bros. themed tattoos that I am still designing.
I plan on making a pipe out of pvc and painting it green like the games iconic pipe (with some wear and tear of course) and the wrenches with be foam (safety first) and will most likely have plungers hanging from their belts.

I want the logo I created to be big and prominent on the back, and will also be on the trucker style hats.
I was also thinking of adding M and L belt buckles to the tool belts, to give back some of the classic elements I took away.

Peach has been a little more difficult to design. At first I was thinking of a Jersey Shore-esq diva. In full pink track suit, Snookie poof and tons of bling.
But as the design for the Bros. has come together. I'm thinking I might try a different design to flow with the other costumes.

Thinking maybe a modern rocker Princess, Pink skirt, with stripped leggings maybe.
My plan is to try and get a lot of designing of Peach and maybe the tattoos done today and tomorrow.

I'm really having a lot of fun creating these new looks and hope it all turns out.
Stay tuned for more updates!

Captain Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment